- What does AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. do?
AMC is the largest movie exhibition company in the United States, the largest in Europe and the largest throughout the world with approximately 900 theatres and 10,000 screens across the globe. AMC has propelled innovation in the exhibition industry by: deploying its Signature power-recliner seats; delivering enhanced food and beverage choices; generating greater guest engagement through its loyalty and subscription programs, website, and mobile apps; offering premium large format experiences and playing a wide variety of content including the latest Hollywood releases and independent programming. In addition, in 2023 AMC launched AMC Theatres Distribution with the highly successful releases of TAYLOR SWIFT | THE ERAS TOUR and RENAISSANCE: A FILM BY BEYONCÉ. AMC Theatres Distribution expects to release more concert films with the world’s leading musical artists in the years ahead.
- When was AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. formed?
AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc’s. business was founded in 1920.
- How many theatres does AMC operate?
AMC is the largest movie exhibitor in the U.S., Europe, and the World. As of September 30, 2023, AMC owned or operated approximately 900 theatres and 10,000 screens across the globe.
- What is AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc’s fiscal year?
AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. uses a fiscal year that aligns with the calendar year, ending on December 31st.
- Does AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. franchise its theatres?
Presently, AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. does not offer franchise opportunities for its theatres.
- How can I obtain copies of financial information for AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc.?
Most of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. reports and financial filings can be retrieved from the News Releases or SEC Filings sections of this website. They can also be accessed via the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) website at www.sec.gov/edgar. If you would like information emailed or mailed to you, you can submit your request at the Information Request section of this website.
- Who are AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc’s. auditors?
AMC's independent registered public accounting firm is Ernst & Young LLP.
- When did AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. first become a public company?
AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. began trading on the New York Stock Exchange on December 18, 2013.
- What was the price of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. initial public offering?
The offering price was $18.00 a share.
- What stock exchange is AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. common stock traded on and what is its ticker symbol?
AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. common stock is currently traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AMC.
- How do I invest in AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. common stock?
AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. common stock can be bought or sold through a stockbroker, bank or financial institution that offers brokerage services. AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. does not currently have a direct stock purchase plan.
- Does AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. pay a quarterly dividend on its common stock or preferred equity units?
AMC does not currently pay a dividend. Future quarterly dividend payments are subject to approval and declaration by the Board of Directors.
- Has AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. ever paid a special dividend?
Yes. On September 14, 2018, AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. announced that it would pay a special dividend of $1.55 per share to all AMC Class A and Class B common shareholders of record as of September 25, 2018. The special dividend was paid on September 28, 2018.
100% of the dividends paid in 2018 are taxable qualified dividends.
Also, on August 4, 2022 AMC announced that it declared a special dividend of one AMC Preferred Equity unit (an “AMC Preferred Equity Unit”) for each share of AMC Class A common stock, par value $0.01 per share (the “Common Stock”), outstanding at the close of business on August 15, 2022. The special dividend was paid at the close of business on August 19, 2022.
- What does the term "record date" mean?
A record date is a company-determined deadline by which an investor must be recorded as an owner of shares in order to qualify for voting and attendance at the Annual Meeting.
- Does AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. have a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)?
AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. does not currently offer a dividend reinvestment plan.
- Does AMC have a share repurchase program?
AMC does not currently have an active share repurchase program.
- Has AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. ever had a stock split?
Yes, AMC had a 1 for 10 stock split on August 24, 2023.
- Who serves as the registrar and transfer agent for AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc.?
Computershare Trust Company, N.A. is the registrar and transfer agent for AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. common stock. Computershare Trust Company, N.A. is available to resolve problems related to unpaid dividends, lost, destroyed or stolen certificates, as well as to facilitate name and address changes. The toll-free phone number for Computershare Trust Company, N.A. is 1-800-962-4284. Please visit http://www.computershare.com/us/ for more information.
- What is a transfer agent?
A transfer agent is professional agency employed by a corporation to handle the transfer of certificates, conversion of securities, mailings to stockholders, stock subscriptions and maintaining the stock transfer records of a corporation.
- How do I find out if I am a registered shareholder?
Please check with the transfer agent, Computershare Trust Company, N.A. The toll-free phone number for Computershare Trust Company, N.A. is 1-800-962-4284. Please visit http://www.computershare.com/us/ for more information.
- What does it mean to be a beneficial shareholder?
If your shares are held through a brokerage account, instead of directly registered in your name, you are considered to be a beneficial shareholder.
- Can I buy stock directly from AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. or do I have to use a broker?
Stock cannot be purchased directly from AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. Investors must use a broker to complete a transaction. AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc's. common stock and preferred equity units are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AMC and APE, respectively.
- Does the Company offer paper stock certificates?
The Company does not offer paper stock certificates. All common shares are in book-entry form only.
- Does the Company offer any perks or rewards for being a shareholder?
Yes. Please visit our new AMC Investor Connect webpage at: https://www.amctheatres.com/stockholders
- How can I obtain recent research reports on the Company?
Research reports should be obtained through your stockbroker or through a financial institution that provides brokerage services.
- How do I contact AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. Investor Relations?
The fastest way to receive investor relations assistance is to contact AMC's Investor Relations Department at InvestorRelations@amctheatres.com.
- How do I contact members of the Board of Directors?
Our stockholders and other interested parties may communicate with our Board, its committees or our non-management directors as a group, by writing to the Secretary of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. at One AMC Way, 11500 Ash Street, Leawood, KS 66211.
- How often does the Board of Directors meet in Executive session and who presides?
Our non-management directors typically meet in an executive session at every meeting. Our Board Chairman presides over the non-management executive sessions. Our independent directors meet in executive session no less than once per year in accordance with the NYSE rules. The Chairman of the audit committee presides over the independent director executive sessions.
- Does AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. have a formal Code of Business Conduct and Ethics?
AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. Code of Business Conduct and Ethics covers a wide range of business practices and procedures. The Code of Business Conduct and Ethics does not cover every issue that may arise, but sets out basic principles to guide all employees and its subsidiaries. All employees must conduct themselves accordingly and seek to avoid even the appearance of improper behavior.
Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics can be found on our Governance Documents page.
- What is the fair market value of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. class A common related to the December 21, 2016 acquisition of Carmike Cinemas Inc.?
Pursuant to Form 8937, a copy of which can be found clicking on this link: AMC/Carmike Form 8937.
The fair market value of one share of AMC Class A common stock was determined to be $33.45 as of December 21, 2016. This fair market value is based on the price at which AMC Class A common shares last traded on the New York Stock Exchange during normal trading hours on December 20, 2016. The fair market value generally is the price at which property would change hands between a willing buyer and a willing seller, neither being under any compulsion to buy or to sell and both having reasonable knowledge of the facts. U.S. federal income tax law does not specifically prescribe how one should determine the fair market value of AMC Class A common stock. One possible approach is described above. Other approaches may also be possible. You are not bound by the approach described above and may, in consultation with your tax advisor, use another approach. You should consult your tax advisor to determine what measure of fair market value is appropriate.
- How many shares of AMC common stock and AMC Preferred Equity Units have been issued and are outstanding?
As of November 9, 2023, there were 198,356,898 shares of Class A common stock issued and outstanding.
AMC Preferred Equity Units (NYSE:APE) ceased trading on August 25, 2023 and as of that date there are zero shares outstanding.
- How do I become a member of AMC Investor Connect?
If you are a shareholder and would like to join AMC Investor Connect, please visit: AMC Investor Connect Web Page
- Where can I find information about the August 2023 Reverse Split, Conversion and Litigation Settlement Payment?
For more information on the reverse split, conversion of APE units into AMC shares, and the Litigation Settlement Payment, please see the Form 8-K filed with the SEC on August 14, 2023.
The 8-K includes the expected timeline of events and a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The 8-K can be found here: Form 8-K - Reverse split, Conversions of APE units into AMC, Litigations Settlement Payment
- Where can I find information on the 2023 Shareholder litigation?
For more information regarding shareholder litigation, please visit Legal and Tax Information